The Fall Feasts will be fulfilled during Jesus’ second coming. Everyone seems to have a difference of opinion of how the events will take place. Figuring out the proper sequence of events is no simple task. I’ve changed my mind several times over the years as I’ve gained new insights into the Word of God. Who knows, I may change my mind again. For now, I think the final events will unfold like this:
- The seals, trumpets, and plagues will begin to take place.
- The 144,000 of Israel will be sealed prior to the 6th seal and the 5th trumpet (Rev. 7:3-5).
- The 6th plague will dry up the Euphrates River to prepare a way of the kings of the east (Rev. 16:12).
- Jesus will come in a year of Jubilee in order to fulfill the rest of Jubilee (Isaiah 61:2b-9).
- The 6th seal will be opened and will announce the Great Day of the Lord.
- Jesus will most likely come at the last blast of the shofar on the Feast of Trumpets [Yom Teruah = Tishrei 1st] which is also known as the Day of the Lord. Jesus and His army will destroy His enemies who are in Jerusalem. The first resurrection which is the resurrection of the righteous will take place at the last blast of the shofar. The resurrected and those righteous who are left alive will join Jesus in the air in order to be taken to a place of safety until God’s final judgment has past. These people are comparable to the mixed multitude that came out of Egypt (Lev. 23:24, Isaiah 27:13, Matt. 24:31, 1 Cor. 15:52).
- People will gather for the Battle of Armageddon at the end of the 6th plague (Rev. 16:16). The final seal, trumpet, and plague will take place: The Battle of Armageddon will take place on the Day of Atonements [Yom Kippurim = Tishrei 10th]. The seventh trumpet seen by John in Revelation 11:19 is a reference to the Day of Atonements and it corresponds to the timing of the seventh seal and seventh plague. The Beast of the Sea and the False Prophet will be cast into the lake of fire. Their armies will be killed and eaten by birds of prey (Rev. 19).
- Satan will be bound with a chain and cast into the abyss for 1000 years (Rev. 20:3).
- The marriage supper of the Lamb will be celebrated after the Battle of Armageddon and during the Feast of Tabernacles [Hag Sukkot = Tishrei 15th – 21st] since a man can’t go to war for a year after His marriage (Deut. 24:5). This is when Jesus will begin to dwell with His people (Lev. 23:34).
- On Eighth Assembly [Shemini Atzeret — Tishrei 22nd], Jesus’ millennial reign will begin in Jerusalem (Lev. 23:36b).
- At the end of the millennium, Satan will be released from the abyss to convince those on the earth to join him for the Battle of Gog and Magog but Jesus will destroy them by fire (Rev. 20:7-9).
- The second resurrection which is the resurrection of the wicked will transpire followed by the final judgment on the Day of Atonements. Those not found written in the book of life were thrown into the lake of fire (Rev. 20:5, 11-15).
- On a Shemini Atzeret after the millennium, the new heaven and earth will come down which is where faithful Christians will spend eternity (Rev. 21:1-2).
Will you be watching for the Fall Feasts of the Lord to unfold? Do you think the seals and trumpets have already begun?
Do you have a different opinion on the order of events or want justification for mine?